1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I believe I need help.. from a witchdoctor or something

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by warthog, Jan 15, 2016.

1. warthog

Hello guys.

I don't know if i'm asking for advice or just moaning, but I'm writing on the fly so let's see where it goes.

As you probably know, i've been dealing with a bad breakup for 6 months now, and i'm not in the happiest place right now. in fact, what I feel at times is despair. however, i'm not talking about that now, but rather what I assume is a byproduct of the situation.
    I live alone in a three story house. I have been for two years now, and for a while I had things under control, but in the last couple of months things have deteriorated rapidly and i find myself walking over garbage, literally. the house itself seems to feel ill, things keep getting busted, like water pumps, electricity, and things like that. i've been trying to maintain things and at least on a technical level, I was able to fix all issues. then we have the mess, and let's not mention the garden, which is a very very disturbing place.
    I want to get things together, but :
    1- I have no friends where I am, and if I do, then I am ashamed to show anyone the state that things have reached.
    2- Work is taking most of the day, and by the time i'm home I just can't get myself to do anything but eat and sleep.
    3- there are no "professional cleaners" here, and if there are, I don't trust strangers to get in my house and touch my things.
    4- I'm on a tight budget, so I can't get an army of workers with a truck to make the garden disappear, and to kill all the predators that probably evolved in the ecosystem that has developed there.

Today, without any fault of my own, I found myself dipping my hands in a steel storage box that has a taxidermy crocodile soup in it.

I am overwhelmed, I hate my life, and I just can't stand it anymore.

I am thinking about taking a week off from the office, and just doing everything very slowly.

Maybe it'll work.

end

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you need to take some time out. If you are on a tight budget and work long hours to make ends meet you may feel reluctant to have a few days off to catch up on the essentials of life, including cleaning, but also rest/sleep, but there is a good reason why we describe these things as the essentials of life. Just living in a clean and tidy environment can do a lot to improve you mood, so it might be worth it.

3. warthog

Just to be clear i'm not exactly struggling financially, but things are weird and I'm being careful. I'm giving it a shot and simply not going to the office this week, if people will manage to leave me the heck alone, and if I don't find myself going there because I miss it, as i'm kind of a workaholic.

Thanks for the input