1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with bisexual issues

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ljjgood25016, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Ljjgood25016

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am confused about my sexual orientation. I have had feelings for males and females. I would consider myself to be bisexual, but there is a huge issue with identifying as bisexual and the whole bisexual erasure issue. I still identify as confused. A lot of people believe that male bisexuals (or bisexuals in general) don't exist. I am a male. I am 19. I go to a community college. I really to keep this short.

I'm beginning to learn that most women do not want to be with an openly bisexual male. This could be the case with a lot of black women (not stereotyping - some), or other races/ethic backgrounds. If so, it seems rare. This is the case with most straight women. There are even bisexual women who don't want to be an openly bisexual male. This really bothers me. I've heard of DL guys. I can't live that kind of lifestyle.

I want to be honest with any potential partners that I may have in the future. I find women and men to be attractive. I still want to have a chance with a women. I'm not so sure about men. I may act upon those feelings. I don't really know.

It hurts to know that the majority of women aren't going to want to be with me because of my sexuality/sexual orientation. I (kinda) want to have a romantic life eventually. I (kinda) want to have a sex life while staying safe and keeping myself protected. I have sexual fantasies about women all the time. I also have the same fantasies about men.

I know this may sound selfish. Am I being selfish? I still think about what it is like to have sex with women. I hate the bisexual double standard. Women can do whatever they want but for men, they have to choose between two genders.

How do you deal with bisexual erasure? How do you deal with certain people not wanting you?

2. MayaBee

Okay, first off, don't change who you are because of what they are thinking. I know it is hard, but just remind yourself that not everybody is such an ******* to leave you because ofyour sexual orientation. For example, I dont care if someone is gay, bisexual or straight or whatever. it is the love that counts(I know, sounds silly).

How to deal with it? Oh well, it is hard, I know. But you just gotta do it you know? And remind youself, who dislikes you because of something you like,, doesnt deseve you.