1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I still upset?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ModernCat, Jan 16, 2016.

1. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

I met this girl several months ago. We had very similar tastes in music and we talked about music often. One time I found her really cute. Her eyes were so pretty I wanted to kiss her that moment...

It was only a few weeks later she told me she was moving overseas on her last day in country. I've only known her for such a short time yet I wanted to cry. I pretended everything was cool but I was really upset in the inside.

I really wanted to see her and when I was begining to forget about her existence, I heard the news that she was visiting months later. Then all the feelings came rushing to me. I was glad and angry at the same time by hearing the news. I was not happy to hear that she got a boyfriend, although I don't know the meaning behind my bitterness.

She probably doesn't remember me. I was the one who got hooked. I'm the one who gets bitter somehow. I don't think--honestly--this is a genuine crush but in some aspects it does feel like it. I get sad when I see her on facebook news feed and I had to unsubscribe to her. I would visit her wall myself regardless.

I'm thinking this is probably an emotional attachment. Like I thought I found a great friend material but things didn't turn out so good. I'm probably not gonna see her again anyway, why am I still upset by the fact she moved away?

I only talked to her for two weeks. Thoughts?

#1 ModernCat, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  2. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Maybe I'm just lonely? Sorry I'm rambling here.

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Were you romantically involved or wash this a crush on your side? If so, was this your first major crush?

4. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's completely normal to miss someone, even if you've only known them for a small amount of time. There are just some people who stick in your mind because of how much they powered your life while you were around them. I'd say to get in touch with her, maybe on the messenger on Facebook?
    I wish you luck! (*hug*)

5. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

No. I didn't consider it anything until much later she left.

---------- Post added 18th Jan 2016 at 10:14 AM ----------

Sure it would be nice to get in touch with her but she might not remember me. It's been long since we've spoken.

#5 ModernCat, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016