1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need to Talk to my Mom Without Upsetting Her

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Plattyrex, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Plattyrex

A fair amount of people may have noticed that I have been having issues with someone at school who is physically harming me. I know it's probably getting kinda annoying at this point, but I need help again. I'll try to make this the last thread I talk about this on, I promise. My mom is probably the best person in the world. I am at a point now where I want to tell her what's going on regardless of what comes of it, but I'm not sure how. My mom has been under a lot of stress lately mainly because of me. I have lead poisoning and she is freaking out about that, and she's also still kinda worried about me because of some issues I had with this same person awhile ago. I don't want to make her even more upset, but I have to tell her anyway. My mom just gets really angry at stuff like this and it's kind of scary. I need to know what the easiest way to convey bad information to someone is without up setting them. I know my mom really cares about me and she can fix this, but I jst need to know how to talk to her.

2. Gay1234

How did you get lead poisoning? Well anyway I suggest catch her when she is at her calmest and most relaxed possible jt then talk to her then because hopefully she won't get as stressed as she would if you talked to her when she was stressed. I hope my advice works and it doesn't get your mom stressed but I think this should work. Parents care if their beloved child is getting harmed in school and once you talk to her at the right time she hopefully would be there to support you.

Good Luck,
    Gay1234

3. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am sure that the situation at flint is a stressful one for all involved. If you want to have her help you without stressing her you could try having her simply sign a letter you write to the school about the situation (which you should hand directly to administration). Remember that it's your mother's job to be worried about you and if she finds out that you have a problem she'll probably get worked up about it one way or the other.

Good thing to do is to let her know you greatly appreciate what she has done for you so far.

Good luck in everything you've been dealing with in general.

4. Plattyrex

Told my mom today. She was pretty calm before I told her, but she's still enraged beyond belief. I appreciate the advice regardless though. I just don't like it when my mom gets mad, even if it isn't directed at me. Thanks anyway guys, it's nice that people care:slight_smile:.

#4 Plattyrex, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  5. Really

It's good you told her. Even though she gets mad, that's a totally expected reaction to what's happening to you. Hopefully, the school administration and the bully's parents will now realize she is not going to let this horrendous treatment of you continue. They need to see how mad she is.

And don't worry about posting about anything. We're here to listen, provide what support we can and are happy to learn when things improve.

6. Plattyrex

Thank you. You have personally been a tremendous help to me with all this stuff. I appreciate all of the advice and support very much. Thanks a bunch.(*hug*)

7. Really

You're very welcome.

8. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The important thing is that you told her an important thing - and you did not decide to keep it from her for fear of her reaction.

If she is over reacting then this is something your mom can work on. Adults are seldom perfect !!!