1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Karkar137, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Karkar137

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there. Where do I start? I was in a LDR for a bit over 3 years with a woman who was younger than me. Neither one of us was in a position to leave their current job to be together so we tried to meet as often as we could and as financially viable. We both felt we were each other's soul mate and imagined spending the rest of our life together. Over past few months, my girlfriend started expressing doubt about us: about the distance, about where we are heading, about her sexuality, about how her religious parents would disown her If she were to tell them. I tried to calm her down and reassure her that all relationships go through difficult periods. I was her first woman. Although she introduced me to her parents, she introduced me as a friend. No one knew who I really was - something that really bugged me but always kind of accepted cause she kept insisting she wasn't ready. After about two months after our break up she started dating this guy. Originally she told me she was casually dating him and that I don't need to worry so much. She kept sending mixed messages: telling me that she still loves me a lot, cuddling me etc but the minute I made a move she said I was pushing her (when we met in person). This guy seems to have everything in his favour: he lives where she lives, he's her age, earns more money than me, athletic, calm, handsome etc. I really feel that she is the love of my life! She used to tell me that I'm the love of her life. Now I don't know what to believe anymore. Over the Christmas period we met and spent a lot of time together discussing and trying to get her back. He came to visit for New year and she introduced him to her family as her boyfriend. Needless to say I was devastated! She kept telling me she still loves me but was falling for this guy. She wanted us to remain friends! But I can't handle seeing her with someone else, and she admits that she can't bear the thought of seeing me with someone else. In fact she gets jealous a lot. I decided to cut all contact for my own sanity as my heart was breaking a bit more each day. It's been two weeks of no contact. Part of me feels calmer, part of me misses her like crazy. I'm trying to move on. I still love her a lot. I still want her back even though I may be foolish but my gut feeling tells me we really belong. I wonder if she misses me and if she still loves me. Everyone tells me that I'll get better. I'm sure it will but I miss her so much. Feel like I don't know who I am anymore or where my life is heading :frowning2: