1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out but don't know how

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mb24, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Mb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, I need help.
    I'm 16 years old and am Pretty sure I'm a lesbian or at least bi. Ever since I was younger I've felt an attraction to other girls. But I just locked that thought in the corner of my mind ignoring it. In middle school people caught me taring at other girl and so they called me a lesbian, but they said it as it was a bad thing, so I denied it and kept denying it to myself and to others.
    Now, in my junior year, I have come to accept myself for who I am and my attraction to other females. And I want to come out, and I don't know how, and I just need some advice, or your own personal stories. My parents are both okay with gays and the LGBTQ community, but I'm still very nervous, I just need some support and advice. Thank you so much.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you like to cook? I think you should buy a plain cake and get icing and draw a rainbow and right in icing saying "I'm gay :slight_smile:" and that's how you'll come out to your parents, then yea maybe join your GSA at school and/or if you use social media you can put who you're interested in. Anyways I think coming out will be a little nerve wrecking but I think and hope for a very positive outcome! :slight_smile: good luck! (*hug*)

3. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are there any school groups you could get involved in?

Many schools have some sort of “gay-straight-alliance” clubs that consists of gays, lesbians, and everything in between. You might find that by making some friends with people who are like you, some of the stigma that’s built up in your mind over the years will start to break down.

From what you’ve said, it sounds like you have some very accepting parents. Once you’re comfortable with who you are, you ought to share it with them. They may not even be surprised.

When I told my mom, she was relieved. Relieved! She had always sort of suspected, but never wanted to ask me for fear of offending me. On the flip side, I never wanted to tell her for fear of rejection. As a result, we both just didn’t say a word for the longest time. Once it was out in the open, our relationship improved 10X.

Best of luck.

4. Mb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you so much haha and the cake thing isnt a bad idea :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 24th Jan 2016 at 04:45 PM ----------

Thank you so much, I do online schooling so there is no group I could join. I'm glad that you and your moms relationship improved :slight_smile: I have a feeling they know its just scary actually telling them