1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another one

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Can1mex, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Can1mex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So yea another one of these, sorry guys.

Alright, so I wrestle and am out to an injury. And this other kid (I find him attractive) had been staring at me out the corner of his eye.
    Like I am sitting on a chair and he if on the mats practicing and I look at him and he is staring me down out of the corner of his eye. A dead stare, I kind of quickly glance a few times and he hasn't moved. Even when he is talking to coach he does it. It happens 3-4 times a practice and got my attention. Sometimes it will be a straight look and we will both hold eye contact for 2-4 seconds and then I usually break eye contact. He didn't smile or blush or anything just a blank face. ( I have no strange characteristics that would warrent this either )

I'm not asking for help in talking to him or anything yet. Just wondering your general opinions on the matter and what you would suggest I do next ( if it is talking then consider my previous statement mute )

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, this is a sporting environment so it could be he is staring at you as some a form of aggression designed to intimidate you, but you would think he would make sure you knew it was that by adding a sneer or something to his facial expression. The fact he has no facial expression is curious. He doesn't seem to want a reaction from you which is also curious. Seems like he is deep in thought, in his own world. That would explain why your eye contact with him has no effect on him. Watch him carefully and try and determine if he does this to other people or just to you. If he seems to have a preference at staring at you then I think it must mean he is attracted to you. I can't see any other conclusion.

#2 Monraffe, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  3. Can1mex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I don't think it's him trying to intimidate me. I'm in a higher weight class and we are both on the same team. And we don't compete against each other. I haven't seen him doing this to anyone else. It ranges from quick glances to several second stares never straight on. Though we will look at each other for a couple seconds then resume our normal activities.

4. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think he is likely attracted to you then.

5. lovetoomuch

Hi there, it's a very tough situation as you are both on the same team and there could be awkwardness if it turns out he isn't gay or bisexual. But here is my advice.

Gazes like that are not normal, so I have a feeling he is at least somewhat attracted to you or "curious" (but I can't be sure so don't take my word for it). Most guys if they saw you staring at them would probably get a little freaked out, so that's a good sign.

I think your best bet is getting to know him and talking to him. That would give you an indication of whether he may have feelings for you. At first you have to keep it friendly though so you don't look like a fool by flirting immediately (which you probably know not to do).

I would say go for it though. I have been in a situation where I had a crush and didn't say anything for two years. He ended up being straight and it sucked knowing I wasted so much time focused on him. It sounds like you have a crush and have been thinking about him a decent amount of time; no harm in seeing where it could go. Rejection is better than regret.

The only thing you have to watch is that you are in the closet and that's why becoming friends first is so important. You can get a sense if he may be attracted; if you can tell he isn't gay after becoming friends, then you would never have to come out to him.
    If you come out to him and he says he is straight, he would be less likely to tell other people if he is your friend.

Good luck, I hope it goes well for you. Please come back and let us know how it goes!