1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do on those days you want to do nothing.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rxley, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Rxley

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey, some days my mental health and dysphoria is so bad I want to curl up in my bed and do nothing, I barely eat on these days, but by doing this I just feel worse. Like I've accomplished nothing and never will. I want to go out and do things but I can't get myself up and out of bed.
    I know I'm just ranting, and writing all my emotions into a thread. Any help on what to do to distract myself, or how to get myself out of bed?

2. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As counter-intuitive as it may seem, but advice is this: get some exercise!

It’s been shown over and over again that one of the best ways to overcome fatigue and depression and to amp up your energy is to get up and move more, not less. It literally creates energy in your body.

I’m not suggesting you go out and run a marathon. Just get up and take a 10 or 15 minute walk. Get some sun. Breath in some fresh air.

Remaining sedentary will make you more fatigued - you’re stuck in a cycle that you need to break out of.

How do make the first step and break out of that cycle? You just have to decide to do it. You have to decide that you want to be happier, that you want to have more energy, and that you want to be healthier. That first “push” requires a little willpower.

The good news is that once you give the ball that initial push, it will naturally pick up speed and its momentum will become self-sustaining.

3. Rxley

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ok thanks, coincidentally my Mum has brought a exercise bike so maybe I'll hop on that at some point. Also maybe I'll pick up kickboxing? I've kinda wanted to pick that up