1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

caught commando

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by redpandaman123, Jan 27, 2016.

1. redpandaman123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So a little bit before I came out to my mum I started sleeping naked, I hadn't toled anyone I just did this morning my mum walked into my room and pulled the sheets off my bed and seen me naked like a starfish and with a full on boner it was really awkward as you can guess and we haven't spoken yet and I dont know what too say
    :icon_redf:bang:

2. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, that’s an awkward situation indeed!

You can try spinning it to her like this:

“Hey mom, did you know that it’s been scientifically proven that there are health benefits to sleeping naked?!”

For example…

- You’ll get better sleep. Our bodies are hardwired to “cool down” when we go to sleep. Were you to measure your body temperature, you’d find that it goes down slightly during sleep. Pajamas could interfere with the natural process of your skin cooling your body.

- You’ll maintain better hygiene. Wearing underpants to bed creates a warm and moist environment “down there.” Bacteria and viruses love warm and moist places. “Down there” is the last place you want to have an infection. It’s also better for your skin because it will have a chance to “air out.”

- You’ll experience improved blood flow. The elastic bands on most underwear can constrict blood flow in the night – especially if you tend to sleep in bizarre positions. Blood flow restrictions can cause parts of your body to become numb or tingly – which could interfere with sleep.

How could she possible argue with that??

She won’t think you’re weird – she’ll think you’re just trying to take care of yourself!

#2 Cort, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  3. idsm

Super embarrassing, I can tell, but also kind of funny!

Do nothing, say nothing. Pretend it never happened. Your mother will probably do the same.
    And rest assured that she will never again pull your sheets off you.

:icon_bigg

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My thoughts exactly.

Chances are your mother is just as uncomfortable with what happened.

And you can maybe take comfort in that it could have been worse. Lots of guys have had their mother walk in on them while they were masturbating.

5. joshvolby

at least she didn't took a picture. lock your room ^^. a mom is a mom its nothing to her its just awkward seeing you naked not to mention with a morning wood. for me the best way to deal with awkward moments is to make a joke out of it. like in your situation make a joke like tell your mom " mom don't you dare tell anyone that i have 12 inches cock, or they all coming for me".

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry that happened to you. It must have been both uncomfortable and awkward and mortifying for both of you. I'm inclined to agree with idsm. If you pretend it never happened... likely neither of you will ever mention it (well, maybe when you're 30 or something.)

And a couple years from now you'll probably be able to see the humor in it if you can't now.

On a separate issue... I'm curious why your mom thought it was OK to come into your room and pull the sheets off. To me, that would seem like a pretty major boundary violation. It might be an opportunity to tapdance around the issue and address any other , similar boundary issues. It can be hard sometimes for parents to understand and honor the emerging boundaries as their children become teenagers, and sometimes a gentle reminder is all it takes to make them think and be more considerate.

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I'm your mom, I'm not doing that again. She's probably not as embarrassed as you, but still embarrassed nonetheless. I don't think there's a need to say anything unless she invades your privacy again

8. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm inclined to agree with everyone else here. Ignoring what happened and moving on seems to be the right thing to do.

I'm not sure if this is a boundary violation to me. Again it's my personal opinion. My mom used to do that to me sometimes when I used to not get up. Whenever I used to wake up late she used to pull the blanket off of me (I can't sleep without one) and open the curtains wide so the sun would hit my face lol. It was playful. And she's my mother. Not the Cleaning lady or some random stranger. So I see no violation.

Sure, she did that once when I slept with only an underwear on. I yelled at her and she ran away from the room with her hand over her eyes. I asked her later why she did that and she's like, "nothing I didn't see before. I raised you remember?" We moved past it instantly.

9. thepandaboss

Thought the same thing when I read the original post. Just seems weird, especially if OP is over 13. My mom stopped doing stuff like that, and I was a sheltered kid, when I was 7. Maybe the fact that she caught OP commando will teach her not to do it in the future.

10. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been sleeping nude since I was about 12.. my mother saw me one morning while I was asleep, I must have pushed the sheets off during the night and I was apparently lying stomach down. Since I have no memory of it I didn't feel any embarrassment - I just told her not to barge into my room unannounced lol.

I was a lot more embarrassed when my grandmother walked into my room and I was sitting at the computer desk with no underwear on..

You'll get over it eventually. Just pretend that it never happened.

#10 imnotreallysure, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  11. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just pretend like it never happened.
    Works most of the time, unless you have a framed memento of that accident! :roflmao:

12. headsup1958

Awkward. Sounds like you were already "up" tho, lol. I'm thinking your mum won't be doing that again anytime soon. Just relax about it. Nothing needs to be said. Parents, gotta love them.

13. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I started sleeping naked eight years ago. It's much more comfortable than sleeping clothed. I used to have serious issues with overheating when I was trying to sleep, but sleeping naked seems to have fixed them.

14. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Relax, you Anglo-Americans seem way too uptight about nakedness. In my country it's quite common for family members to see each other naked. Plus, your mom has seen you naked many times before. I presume she changed your diapers.

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm fine with nudity, but I definitely don't want to see my mother's breasts - nor do I want her to see my junk. That might be normal in your country but I don't want it catching on here.. talk about disturbing.

#15 imnotreallysure, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  16. Distant Echo

Lmao. As a mother I can say its not creepy or unusual for the pulling off of the bedding if someone is being stubborn about getting out of bed...
    But I've always given a warning...your mother will too now pmsl

Don't stress lol. Make a couple of wood/would jokes (wood you like a cuppa mum) and move on......

And pmsl!!!!!

#16 Distant Echo, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  17. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not like we roam around naked in the house or flash around. The thing is more like that if we see each other naked in sauna, pool or in the house it's not something that anyone feels uncomfortable about. I've seen all my family members completely naked (except for my grandma and I prefer keeping it that way). We do have sex segregated public pools but in the shower area and sauna nudity is mandatory for regulations concerning hygiene.

I'm not suggesting that people should start flashing around the house or public in there but I do think that no one should feel awkward about if they see each other naked by accident.

18. redpandaman123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Guess I didnt give much context I had 15 minutes to get to school and I would not get out of bed, also nobody has said anything yet but we normally watch the tv together not tonight though

19. Distant Echo

Just make her a cuppa and give it to her. It'll be fine :slight_smile:

20. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If that's true, that's super-informative and I'm going to have to try it. As for the OP's plight, I wouldn't fret too much about it. Your mother squeezed your naked body out of her when you were born, it's nothing she hasn't seen. Yeah, it's awkward, but it'll fade.