1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doing Stuff Again

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Plattyrex, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Plattyrex

I had a little hissy fit last Tuesday and I tried to kill myself. I'm not wanting to hurt myself anymore, but I am stressed. I was hospitalized for awhile, and it felt like a super long time. I need to get back into life, but I can't. I have spent most of the past few days crying and clinging to my mom. I just need help moving forward. How do I get back to my normal routine, and how do I leave what jst happened behind me?

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I wish I had a ton of good advice to give you, but all I can say is to continue talking to people. Really open up to your mom, and any friends that care. And us, of course. Because people do care about you, and you deserve to live. Trust me, I've been there. Get a therapist if you can, I'm sure that would help. Try writing down your feelings in a journal to vent, that's what I do. Listen to music, do things that make you happy, or at least distract you. Do things at the same time every day, form a routine or system and stick to it.
    Thank you for opening up to us. (*hug*)

3. John W

Mate I'm no psychiatrist, but there are so many people that care out there. And things really do get better, most of us on here have been in a dark place at some point, and it really will be ok. If people are bullying you because you're gay, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Bullies turn into normal people when they grow up, in the real world outside of school (which is a hell of a lot bigger, even if it doesn't seem it), people don't bully. hope you feel better about all this soon mate, message me if you want to talk, I'll be glad to help

4. headsup1958

Hi Plattyrex. I hope things are better for you now. Are your parents getting you the support you need? What did they tell you to do when you were at the hospital as far as treatment and intervention? I've seen other comments in different threads recommending the Trevor Project: The Trevor Project Perhaps you can look into that for support. Good luck to you....people here care for you.

5. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you seeing a therapist or psychologist and if so do you feel comfortable to opening about your issues to them?

6. Mikelhpc228

HI You could reach out to a school counselor, LGBT support groups, or local crisis help such as the Samaritans.