1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I enter?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 1ring, Jan 28, 2016.

1. 1ring

So my province is having this skills competition thing and my woodshop teacher wants me to enter. The competition is typically for grade 11's and 12's, I'm in grade 10, and I would be competing in woodworking so the other people would probably all be guys. Another undesirable aspect of it is that my older brother would also be competing, he is good at literally everything he does and I have never won anything against him. I know my shop teacher must think I'm good enough for it but there's so many aspects against me. No one I've talked to legitimately listens to my concerns and I don't know what to do

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So what is exactly the problem here? Are you uncomfortable around guys? Do you feel you need to win your brother and everyone in the competition? Are you disappointed if you don't win the first price? Do you fear being in the last place?

3. 1ring

I'm afraid to enter because of how different I would be from the other contestants and how serious the competition is but I think it would be fun to do.

4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why does feeling different makes you feel? Do you fear you get extra attention because of it? I still have trouble understanding the problem.