1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting rid of infatuation feelings

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Jan 29, 2016.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have all these feelings for this girl i dont really know. i overthink every single movement she makes and i cant take her out of my mind...i even think about her when thinking about making important life decissions which is stupid because in all fairness i know i will never be with her..im in the closet and dont even know if the has even noticed me (further than politeness)
    I feel i recurrently get these feelings cuz i feel quite lonely and have no one to talk about this but any tip to get her out of my mind would be greatly appreciated!

2. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! I'm getting over a hellish infatuation too! I know how you feel. Let's get through this together, hm? :slight_smile:

Besides, it's not true you have no one to talk to. You have us here at EC! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2016 at 02:19 PM ----------

Oh, and my approach as of now is listening to music that strengthens my willpower—which works wonders, by the way—and making and reaffirming a conscious decision to love myself first and do what is best for me.

In my case, that means avoiding interactions with the female in question.