1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ChicagoDude, Jan 30, 2016.

1. ChicagoDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I'll try to keep this as brief as possible, but want to provide enough details. I suppose I would consider myself bi, because I'm physically attracted to both sexes, but have really only had feelings for one guy before...until now. I am not out at my job or to the person in question. Met a guy at work a few months back. He is about 6 years younger than I am, but is very smart and mature so almost seems like we are the same age. He plays music, writes his own stuff, and we have almost everything in common (same sports teams, bands, movies, shows, etc.). We can literally sit and talk for hours with no pauses, and people from work and some of my friends have pointed out how much attention he pays to me. Some people even get annoyed with how we are around each other, and make comments about us "being in love" and "don't you two get enough of each other?" Anyway, I realized recently that I am feeling much more than just friendship for him, but don't know if he feels the same way. He claims to be straight and talks about wanting to hook up with girls, but when we all go out he never takes a girl home or even does much flirting. We usually go back to his house and hang out after the bars. We have discussed how we are neurotic and get inside our own heads too much. I will list some things he has done that make me feel like he may like me as more than a friend below, and would love to get some thoughts/advice on the situation from everyone. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this sounds rambly...my first posting on the site.

-How we can talk for hours and sometimes ditch the rest of our friends from work to hang out.
    -We practically finish each other's sentences and "jinx" all the time.
    -We constantly laugh when we are together to the point of not being able to stop at times.
    -Even when he is "trying to hook up at the bar" he always comes back to me by the end of the night.
    -He dedicated a love song to me the other night in front of coworkers and sang along with it. (so adorable)
    -He doesn't show much affection, even shakes my hand hello and goodbye a lot, but seems to like it when i put my arm around him for a few seconds or pat him on the back.
    -He was interested in meeting me first day on the job because he liked that I do some acting and music stuff, like him.

2. guitar

Not really sure. You're friend honestly kind of sounds like me when I was first putting the pieces together I might be gay. It was still way before I was emotionally ready to tell people I was gay, so I played the sort of coy game around some friends I knew were gay.

Unless he actually makes a move on you, he probably is what he says he is - straight. There are hints he might be gay, but some straight guys are just more comfortable around guys and are really shy. Then again, going off about women he might be over compensating.