1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real attraction vs 'Male gaze'

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ModernCat, Jan 30, 2016.

1. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

I've heard that straight girls can look at other girls the sexual way because the media portrays women sexually so often.
    Is this true?

I look at girls' boobs, legs and butts sometimes and enjoy looking at it. The other day I saw my crush adjusting her boobs and something went off inside my head. When she wears tight clothes I really,really notice them. It happens with other girls sometimes.

What is the difference between being attracted to boobs the gay way or being conditioned to admire them?

2. H20

H20

I'm not sure if this helps, but I would say, from my own personal experience, it's only admiration if you're just appreciating a great figure or attractive quality in another, especially if you're wishing you had that same quality and comparing yourself to her/them a lot. As for the "gay way", that's more difficult to explain I think because it's based on your own individual feelings and only you can feel them. I think though that if it's, as you say, the gay way attraction, there would likely be urges of some kind to like kiss the person, touch the person, want any sort of intimacy that might be more than friendly hand-holding or different from hugging another pal. Because women are often objectified in the media, I can understand where it's difficult to tell these apart.

3. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

It's a little bit of both. I see the beauty in it. I'm not thinking about how I want big boobs when I see them, it just draws me in.
    About the kissing and carassing part, my mind goes there during daydreams. Would I actually do it? I don't know.

#3 ModernCat, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
  4. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with the kissing part. I used to consider a guy attractive if I could day dream kissing him. Now I do know better lol. I can tell whether I'm looking at a guy for the second time wanting to be like him or wanting him. LOL.

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, I think that's just *cough* bollocks...

How do you know you like women? Because you check them out, and because you do imagine having a sexual encounter with them. At some point, you'll met a girl and it will happen, or maybe it won't, but the way it makes you feel will tell you.

A much better question is how does this makes you feel? Uncomfortable, ashamed? And why? What is wrong about wanting to make someone feel good, while you make yourself feel good as well? Wouldn't it be way worse if you felt like murdering them?

Source : Someone who stared at women that way (and worse), and hopelessly fought against it for many, many, many years, even after he met a girl and things happened...