1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I react...?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Funn, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is this other forum I go on a lot. It is another forum for gay people, more specifically for teens.

So, I got into a little conflict with some of the members. Nothing that was any big deal at all. Actually, it was more like 4 or 5 small issues all at once. None of them would have been a big deal on their own, but all of them combined were too much to deal with. So, I told them I would take a day or two off and let things cool down.

Later, I told my older brother about some of this. He is the only family member that I am out to. I was just talking about it, not meaning to make it sound any worse than it was. Though he is like a father to me, so I admit I tend to seek his pity and attention a little. I cannot say for sure that I did not act a bit more dramatically than the situation warranted. So he, being stupidly overprotective, gets on and makes a fake account. He does not do anything at first except talk to people. At some point in time they apparently starting talking about me in the chatroom, and they said some things that made him angry. He bitched them all out, still not admitting who he actually was, then left.

So when I came back, I have a message from the admin asking me why I apparently have two accounts using the same IP. Furthermore, there are multiple posts from this admin, public posts, telling everyone that I am not who I say I am. Now, all the people that I thought were my friends, suddenly are turning against me completely. People that acted as though they were there for me, now refuse to speak to me at all. All this, before I am giving any chance to defend myself at all. I was not even there when they were preparing the stake at which to burn me.

My brother apparently got on cam and actually talked to people while he was in the chatroom, so proving my identity was easy. Since they saw him, I just took a selfie holding a paper with the forum name written on it. No problem.

Apparently some people decided that I could never really prove myself at all though. Perhaps I just happen to have a pic of a random girl that looks exactly like I do in all the pics I had already posted, and she just happens to be holding up a piece of paper, and it just happens to have the forum name written on it...? How convenient for me.

By the way, the whole idea of holding up the paper was not my idea at all, so it would sure be one hell of a coincidence if I managed to have a picture of some made-up girl holding up a piece of paper with the forum name, after the admin asked for exactly that.

So anyways, the admins were satisfied and demanded that the whole thing be dropped. In the meantime, I am left humiliated. I am pissed at my brother, for obvious reasons. And I feel like I have a right to be pissed at everyone who turned against me at the drop of a dime without even waiting for me to get there and defend myself. Yet, they are acting as though it is all over and I have no right to have any feelings about any of it.

I want to let it all go. I am even posting there and talking to people, pretending like everything is just fine. But I am really fighting the urge to just...do somethign. I don't know what. I don't even know how to react to this kind of thing anyways.

What do you all think about this?