1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do YOU think? Am I reading into this too much?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by username41489, Feb 1, 2016.

1. username41489

I probably am, if I have to ask the question lol, but here it goes:

Girl I like at grad school, the feelings have been getting stronger since November, although I've known her as a friend for a year before that. She also knows of my sexuality. That being said, she's been "flirting" in my opinion, and in the opinion of my lesbian colleague. Let's call the girl I like "J." Here's what has been happening:

-Way more frequent texts/snapchats - we are now snap BFFs? I rarely use it, and from what my colleague says, she doesn't use it often either because her "score" is low. Whatever that means.

-Super compliment-y about my personality, etc.

-Way more physical, like giving more than one hug when I leave after hanging out.

-Invited me over (during a winter snow storm) for a "movie and relax" which I think is a semi-sophisticated way of saying "Netflix and chill."

-She invited me to go out on Saturday night to some club/bar thing and when she saw me, she gave me this weird hug/kiss thing, went in twice for the "kiss" even though it didn't make much sense. That night was weird, I left because she was like ignoring me after that awkward hug/kiss incident, so I just left because I was literally excluded from the conversation. She texted me all night that night saying things like: where are you, come back, please come back, I missed you, I wanna dance with you...she had been drinking and I have a feeling she shut off her phone immediately after sending the last text. Weird.

Well, now it's slightly awkward but I do plan on going to dinner with her this week. Also to see the sunrise and take proper photos with our DSLRs. Am I reading too much into her vibes? I don't know what exactly to do. I really want this, but I want to be cool about it and not ruin literally anything and everything that might be an opportunity for an amazing relationship. NOTE: Although she's had relationships with men in the past, she did say one time that she had feelings for another girl before, but no one knew about it. I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THAT, BUT SHE TOLD ME THIS OVER A YEAR AGO. Please help me! I need major advice, I haven't had a relationship ever, and I just feel like I'm in the perfect place for one because I've been so happy on my own and doing my own thing. It'd just be additionally great if this could happen too! :slight_smile: