1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been feeling really depressed lately

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Methrandir, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Methrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For the last month ive been feeling really depressed because of my parents not accepting im gay and a whole load of other things. I even tried weed as a drastic measure and it did help but its expensive and I wouldnt want to depend on it. How can I feel better without talking to people?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi there. You can talk to people online if you don't have many people to talk to offline.

3. Joelouis

On a first note, please stop the weed. I don't care how many times people who use it say it doesn't do any harm - it does.
    Secondly, you're here on EC, and you can find loads of support from many members so stick with it. I'm sure your situation won't last as long as you think it will.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When some people in your life aren't being supportive it really helps to find people who are. Are there people you can talk to? Friends, other relatives, counselors at school, an LGBT center? And of course, there's always us here at EC.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It may take time for your parents to get used to the idea, so don't try and wait for their support. Look towards friends/teachers in school, other relatives, and you will find people who are more tolerant and understanding. Also, try to keep doing activities/hobbies that boost your mood.

6. Methrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Btw i will only smoke weed a few times a year and most of my friends know im gay just i dont like talking about feelings