1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Called a 'Girl'

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Creator, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Creator

I guess in ways I am more of the femenine type of person however what angers me is that people call me a 'girl' and I just don't get it. I understand it's a joke but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. However they're my friends and they do it as a joke therefore I was wondering if anyone had any come backs type of things to say if you get called a girl. For example, why fem guys are just as good or better than masc guys and all that. Like I just want to have something to say just to show them that i am just as good as any other guy there.

Thanks for any advice.

2. art3mis

Have you ever talked with your "friends" about this issue in a serious way? Have you told them, that it's truly hurting you?

If they keep doing it anyway, it might be better to just ignore them tbh, because they will eventually get bored of this joke if they get no reaction at all. The purpose of this kind of jokes is usually to annoy/hurt someone and if you don't act like you care, maybe they will stop it.