1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise needed; crush is highly introverted...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fluffycloud, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Fluffycloud

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm new to the forums (1st post) I hope I'm posting in the right section. have a couple of problems here and am just looking for advice on what toI should do about it (WARNING- I ramble a lot, so please just put up with it as best possible :thumbsup: :

Im 18. I have a 20 year old friend. She (like myself) is very withdrawn and quiet. When we hang there's a lot of silence (but not all introverts feel the need to constantly talk). I have a crush on her and she has been dropping hints everywhere, but I don't want to make a move for multiple reasons-

1- although she is older than me and much more mature, I can only describe her as a small little ball of feelings. I don't want to accidentally hurt or surprise her (and she has so many mental illnesses and issues like bad depression, I want to remain there to support her. I don't want to risk ruining our friendship as she'd have one less person to support and help her through them)

2- I've never been in a relationship before, and I've come to realise that it's in my personality to wait for things instead of being proactive; the things I need will come in due time. I'm patient. To translate this into my situation, I'm the type to wait for the other person to make the move (which of course hasn't happened yet)

Here's where a problem has arrisen-

I'm part of an lgbt group on FB for my city, and this girl in her late 20s messaged me and we sometimes chat. She made it clear that she's hitting on me. And that it's the 20 year old's loss is she doesn't make a move on me soon as she (the late 20s girl) might try instead.

The thing is I'm not 100% interested in the older one but she's really nice, dunny, and flirty.

Whereas the 20 year old is quiet, I'm the one to message first 95% of the time (she doesn't like bothering people with her problems) she's an amazing girl even with all her problems, the thing is that I think I make her nervous, and that she doesn't know how to make a move on me. She doesn't want to do anything wrong either.

TLDR: I'm 18, huge introvert. Have a crush on a highly introverted 20 year old girl (aka a touchy ball of emotions and withdrawnness), with a cascade of mental issues (I'm willing to put up with them). I think she has a crush on me but I'm being patient waiting for her to make the move as I don't want to do possibly ruin our friendship (she doesn't have much of a support group). But a girl in her late 20s from an lgbt Facebook group is suddenly hitting on me but I'm not entirely interested. I'd rather the first girl but the 2nd may try to make a move before the 20 year old and I don't want her to.

Plus I think the older one may be a tad too old right now for the position of my first ever partner. And I see myself with the 20 year old and my crazy mind keeps imagining us living together as a happy couple. She makes me feel so safe but I get highly anxious right before I hang out with her and think about her a lot :icon_redf

Sorry, pike I said, I ramble too much :eusa_doh:

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it seems to me that you already know who you want to go out with. I wouldn't bother with the older girl if you are not that interested. If she's dropping hints then she probably wants it too, but is too shy to come right out and say it. I can understand how you don't want to ruin the friendship though- it is a tough choice to make.

3. Fluffycloud

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your words of wisdom :wink: I appreciate them more than you'll ever know.

I'll see if I can push it out of her with some light-hearted flirting

4. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem :slight_smile: Yeah that's a good idea.