1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I at risk?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AsiaJ33, Feb 9, 2016.

1. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, I should probably start this off by mentioning that I have an extreme fear of vomit and germs... I don't get sick often, though I did a few times last winter. Yesterday evening (about 5:00) my brother threw up. He was in the closed bathroom and as soon as I heard it, I sprinted upstairs to hide in my bedroom. He had a violent stomach bug all night. I never came in contact with him or anything he's touched since then, and days before that I don't think I was in his face at all. I have washed my hands basically every hour and I've been in my room since, except for breakfast this morning I went down stairs. My question is, how much am I at risk for getting the stomach bug? When will symptoms show up if I do have it? Is there any was I can prevent it? I hate throwing up more than anything, and I really want to avoid this bug.

2. H20

H20

A stomach bug is basically a virus. I can say just being in the same household puts you at risk, but it is contagious and the best thing you can do is just take precautions like washing hands more, hand sanditizer, making sure everyone covers their mouths with they sneeze or cough. If you're that worried about it though, you can always buy a doctor's mask and put it on to keep from the spread of germs. You can usually buy them at the dollar store.

Hope you don't get sick and that your brother starts feeling better soon.

3. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone