1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help. Please direct me to a therapist.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NomadOf90, Feb 9, 2016.

1. NomadOf90

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone. Lately, I've been really down and sad. I've been drinkin way more than usual. I really did consider suicide 2 weeks in a row. I lined up pills and alcohol. I'm lonely. The loneliness doesn't go away. Guys always say "I'm nice, just too nice for me" and that killed my hopes of going out and meeting people. I'm in the Seattle area, if anyone knows who I can go to or see please help me. I'm struggling to go to work now. I'm merely existing.

2. Really

I'm sorry I don't have personal advice but a quick search turned up quite a few options you could try. I hope you'll give one of these places a call.

And please don't try to hurt yourself again. There definitely are people looking for nice guys. Maybe go left instead of right one day and see who you meet. Hang in there and please call someone.

3. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am about to post a little update about my well-being as well, and I feel you. We have the same dilemma. But NEVER ACT out your suicidal thoughts. I am having those lately and I am fighting the urge as well. Always hope for the best. The best times will come! There will be people who will be attracted to you. I am attracted to nice people and if I am there, I might date you! (!)(!)

So chill and live. We must live. Don't kill yourself and make a mantra wherein you will promise yourself that you will NOT DIE until you experience a really, really good thing that life can offer.

More power!

4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does your medical insurance cover psychological/psychiatric problems? If so, you could go to a private clinic or hospital and tell you think you are depressed and asked them to book you a time with a doctor or psychologist who is experienced in these matters. The doc is likely to be able to give you specific therapists or treatment plans. They might offer you meds but be sure that they will try to probe what is there root of your problem. Meds just hide the symptoms in most cases and don't treat the underlying cause.

In my country before going to therapy you are supposed to get a referral or a recommendation from a doctor before starting the therapy if you want the insurance to cover the cost.