1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My aunt has a brain tumour and there is a risk of death with the surgery

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gay1234, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Gay1234

My aunt in law was recently diagnosed with a brain tumour. She is a really nice person and is always nice to me and she is my next door neighbour. Her three boys, the eldest is nearly 5, are all sweet and loving boys. I love playing with them and looking after them and keeping them active. (btw I would never do the sick thing of 'touching' them, as it is sick and I love them as family to bits). She will die if she doesn't get the surgery and one mistake in the surgery would kill her. I am really worried that she doesn't make it but still I am remaining hopefully. The tumour is impacting on her eyes as it is pushing into her eyes.

TLDr;my aunt has a brain tumour and us a very serious surgery to remove which has a risk of death. I am really upset by this as I know here very well since she is my next door neighbour and I love playing with her sweet kids and minding them while she and my uncle are busy around the house. The whole family seems to be hiding their emotions towards this, I presume it'd because they are hopeful.

Thank You,
    Gay1234 :tears::icon_redf

2. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey buddy, while the risk still lurks around, the people who perform the surgery are all highly trained professionals. They'll understand the risks, what to do and what not to do. There will most likely be a team of people there to perform the surgery, and there will most definitely be at least one person who knows exactly what they are doing. I know what it's like, to be faced with the possible death of someone close to you, and if you ever need to talk feel free to do so.
    If, though unlikely, your Aunt-in-law doesn't make it through, she will be happy to know that you are there to comfort her children and offer them support.

3. Gay1234

Thank You Fox Ears. That is very good advice. Your right. She does have a professional to perform the surgery anyway.

Good Luck,
    Gay1234

4. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope that you and your Aunt are keeping well, emotionally at least, before and after the surgery is performed.