1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it bad that I...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Izzy H, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Izzy H

Everytime I walk in the kitchen, and am alone, or near knifes and alone, I stare at my wrist, feeling that there should be cut marks? I know I'm already depressed, but... I'm not sure what to do here...

#1 Izzy H, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  2. Elli

Just remember what it would feel like if a person you love committed suicide.
    You're important to friends/family, and if you feel like you're not - you're important to me! And there's so many people that feel the same way. You're not alone with this and you never are.
    And I get you're down now.. But if you die now, you'll never know if it gets better and in what beautiful way it can get better, and I promise you it WILL get better.

Feel free to text me up on my wall if you wanna talk. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

#2 Elli, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Izzy H

I was thinking more horizontal cuts... But that really means a lot to me. Thank you.

4. YinYang

To be honest, I sometimes feel like this, too. But you have to remember that it doesn't help you. It may help you in the moment, but you're going to regret it in the long run. It's better to not hurt yourself.

If you want to talk, just post on my wall, ok?

5. guitar

If you want to talk, I'm here. My sexuality (or rather being closeted and not dealing with my feelings) made me quite depressed a few years ago.

If you're feeling this way - especially if it's a constant ongoing feeling please seek professional help. Talk to your doctor, call a hotline, talk a counsellor at school. There are people who can help you.

6. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That sounds like an "intrusive thought", and when those cause you distress they need to be addressed. I hope things will be better for you soon.

#6 alexandr, Feb 10, 2016
  7. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been there and it isn't nice. I have some scares on my arm I have to explain at times. It doesn't fix anything that is wrong. It is hard to share feelings but hurting yourself won't solve a thing. Glad you are here and sharing. I haven't myself but you can share a one on one message here with an administrator for a private help.

8. whynot

whynot Guest

i've actually started trying to stop self-harming.. it's difficult to stop.. and please fight the urge.. because once you started doing it you can get dependent on it.. some people like me do it to ease the pain we feel inside.. and sometimes it's the only relief that i can think of when things get too tough.. i wouldn't say it's a right thing to do.. but i wouldn't judge you if you do it..