1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edict with gender fluid possible dating partner

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 243Kenzie, Feb 10, 2016.

1. 243Kenzie

Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay so, I have been talking to a person who identifies as gender fluid on a casual dating site for two weeks. I am open to dating all genders but, only find female genital sexually attractive. (I'v tried the other side and the whole thing makes me feel uncomfortable) I don't want to put too much into this relationship and then find out we are not comparable. That would just hurt us both. (also both our profiles state we are not looking for celibate relationships)

So my question is, Is there any polite way to ask a gender fluid person about their biological sex? Should you wait until we reach that point? Wouldn't that make it worse?

Thanks for the help

2. Distant Echo

There is not going to be any good way of asking. They are going to be very aware if you try and ask indirectly. Honesty is going to be the only way of doing this. Explain as you have here...

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. I don't think there's any good way of asking someone what their biological sex is. Instead, frame it under your own attractions. Tell them what you said here, that you're open to dating all genders but only find female genitalia attractive and you don't want anyone to get hurt if you find out you're not compatible later. This way, they can make the decision on whether they want to tell you or whether things just aren't going to work out.