1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back-to-school jitters

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RyeTheDauphin, Feb 12, 2016.

1. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been on half term holidays for about a week, and have had more time off than that because I was sick in the last week of school. The holidays were good fun and I enjoyed myself, but I'm getting really nervous now that I have to go back to school. I spent more time than I should have procrastinating and now I've got a lot of work to catch up on, and I feel like I wasted a lot of my time off and should have spent more time with my family and friends instead of wasting my time on the internet.

Most of the time I logically know that I'm being over-anxious. There are going to be people in my class who have done less work than me, I've been in worse situations and dealt with them and I'm sure I can get most of my work done before school starts again, but I still can't get rid of the physical feelings of anxiety. My sleep was pretty disturbed last night, my stomach is sick, I've lost my appetite and my temperature is higher than normal.

The physical pain I'm feeling is probably also due to me trying to cope with and accept that the person who I'm in love with is most likely straight and doesn't like me back. She hasn't given any indication that she is interested in me and has said before a couple of times that she is straight, so I'm trying to break off the feelings I have towards her. I feel absolutely terrible about it and I think that's also causing the physical and emotional pain I'm feeling.

Does anyone know any medication or techniques that I can use to control my panic and become healthy again? Are there any good strategies to avoid procrastination during the holidays I can use for the future? How can I get over the girl I love? Any advice would be much appreciated. :help:

2. Eye Shine

Well for anxiety medication you could go get medicine from the pharmacy such as anti depressants, but if it's really bad then maybe you should go to a counselor/therapist and see if they could prescribe you something or just talk out your feelings. Two other techniques that can help relieve stress and anxiety are meditation and believe it or not adult coloring books.
    Believe me everyone procrastinates so what you are doing isn't really bad. I procrastinate all the time too, but what I do is figure out how much time each assignment will take and do it towards the last remaining time I have left. Then it gets done. I will say this maybe other people have better suggestions when it comes t procrastination, but the important thing is to just get your work done by the end.

My suggestion for getting over someone you love is to bury yourself into something else and to keep reminding yourself that there are other fish in the sea.

Hope this helped! (!)