1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank space

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nordland, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes for hours on end I just feel like I'm in a blank space. The depression just seems to creep over me when I am not expecting it and for the most part I don't know why I feel depressed. When this happens I either lie on my bed or go for walks in the countryside. Any ideas what is causing it/how to deal with it?

2. H20

H20

If there's nothing particularly awful about your life that could be affecting you to make you feel depressed, then you might have a chemical imbalance in your brain - basically your brain isn't producing enough serotonin which is like a happy serum. With low levels people can get super depressed or sort of like dull/daze out.

However, you could also consider if your life is - hmmm - I guess boring? Are you a busy or eventful person? Do you have any daily recreational activities? Sometimes if you don't keep busy enough it starts settling on your shoulders and affects your mood.

Believe it or not though, people can get depressed sometimes if they don't exercise enough either, or if they aren't eating healthy. Perhaps try going on a walk now and then - that often rejuvenates me and I feel usually very refreshed and happy afterwards.

Honestly there's too many causes to depression, severe or mild, and we often overlook them. But if you're already a productive or proactive person, and you aren't having too many problems with family/friends or school, I would definitely see someone. There wouldn't be anything wrong with you; you'd just be in need of a boost. But again, I'm not an expert either.

This is merely coming from my own experience and conversations with some of my doctors and extensive research.

Best regards.