1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

being in a homophobic country!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Onesoul, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Onesoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Since I am from a very homophobic country (Pakistan)...I need to know if any of the members is of the same or similar type of country...how they are dealing with this situation... Like have u ever told ur best friend about it or if u like someone so much did u ever tell her about ur feelings,or If u r married how can u remain faithful with ur husband while thinking abt another girl whole the time..don't u feel helpless?? Don't u?? OR u think one morning you will going to feel straight again and everything will b OK (cze u think or u r not sure that if being lesbian is just a temporary psychological act and has nothing to do with ur biology??)

#1 Onesoul, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey Onesoul, welcome to EC.
    I'm from India, so I can very well understand your situation. As you probably know, homosexuality is a crime in India. And homophobia is rampant. Many people prefer not to tell others, and remain closeted. The situation is far worse for transgenders, as they are forced to beg, or succumb to sex-trade. But of course, you know that.

I realized I was in love with a friend of mine two years ago. I have told this to my close friends, and I am lucky to have such accepting and supportive friends. So a year since the realization, I confessed my love to the boy, he's straight. Of course nothing happened, but our friendship and stayed strong, rather it has become stronger.

Initially, I felt helpless too. But since I found EC, and after I came out to my friends, I've been better. I don't feel hopeless anymore. I don't think that someday, I'd wake up and realize that I am exclusively straight. I have feelings for guys and girls and I don't regret it, I have no problem with it.

But yes, sexuality can be fluid.
    Many straight people realize late in their lives that they are gay, and the opposite happens too. Just an example. Sexuality isn't black or white, hell it's a million shades of it.

As for the biology, let me assure you that there is not much biological differences between straight and gay individuals.
    Now someone would argue that. I said there isn't noticeable or much biological difference.

I cannot say much about being faithful to your spouse though, I'm not married yet.
    Hang in there, you are faithful to your spouse unless you act upon your desires (in my opinion).