1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does his culture mean less chance that hes gay/bi?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ruben30, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Ruben30

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i dont know if hes gay/bi or straight but what was happening between us i just dont see how all that could happen if he was straight, when i think about all that i think that he must be gay/bi but when i look at him without thinking about it i just dont see how he can be gay like he must be straight and with him being turkish it adds to that thought, i dont know if that makes less chance that hes gay but anyway, he never got angry or told me to stop, it was me telling him to stop and im gay does that make any sense? i think the big problem is that we are both young, i like him and i don't know if i should tell him or just keep avoiding him.

#1 Ruben30, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. Distant Echo

I think he knows that you like him...Take a chance

3. Ruben30

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    he cant know i never told him because im scared and he dont know im gay, i think its a bad idea to tell him and i dont even know how.

4. Distant Echo

You don't specify what was happening but obviously something that made you tell him to stop.

5. Ruben30

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    should i specify what it was? i told him to stop if he wants me to stop talking to him about it and he carried on

#5 Ruben30, Feb 15, 2016
  6. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are not giving us any detail. It's pretty much impossible give advice knowing only that some guy who you like is Turkish and for some reason you feel he might be gay.

The thing is that a priori probability of him being gay is about the same as with anyone else from any other country (even if not slightly higher). However, if you try to assess his probability of being gay based on his behavior, I would be much more careful. Turks, Kurds, Arabs and Iranians have many customs that would be considered gay in here but are not so in within their culture. For example, men kissing each other on the cheeks is something Iranians, especially of the older generations do. Also, they tend to be much more touching than westerners. Making assumptions based on these kinds of things is likely to lead wrong conclusions.

7. Ruben30

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

straight guys dont stare at other guys that much like he constantly kept staring at me even when i was facing the other way like if i was walking away from him then i started to like him then it got stronger and now i dont know what to do anothing thing is that did he actually want me to talk to him again because he didnt stop and i told him "if you want me to stop talking to you then please stop" he carried on.

#7 Ruben30, Feb 15, 2016
  8. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OK, I still didn't understand half of the things you said but I guess it doesn't matter. If you have already decided that someone staring at you is evidence good enough then why do you ask second opinions? I stand by my previous statement. I wouldn't make conclusions if I didn't know if that kind of behavior is normal in his culture.