1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asexual dating a sexual

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NotSureWhatIam, Feb 16, 2016.

1. NotSureWhatIam

So I have been dating my boyfriend for about a year. We have had plenty of fights as most couples do, but one of the problems seems to be our sexuality. In short, he's a horndog and Im somewhere on the asexual spectrum. Im not completely asexual, as I get aroused. But I'm usually not into actually having sex. The problem is, it seems to bother him that I'm not as sexual. I like cuddling and talking and kissing. That will satisfy me any day. I don't feel that overwhelming need to bang. I had sex once at 13, and didnt have sex from then until I was 20. I never had those crazy teenage urges everyone is talking about. Yeah I get aroused by my partner, so I don't think I'm all the way asexual. But it seems to be enough to hinder my relationship.

How does someone on the asexual spectrum live in a happy relationship with a sexual person?