1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is happening

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bassboss, Feb 16, 2016.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I Dont want to come off as seeming selfish but my school has recently had an asembly on lgbt awareness and now iv noticed alot of people are coming out about 6 people I know are gay but the racio it 6 lgbt girls and one lgbt boy and that one is me I feel happy for them and they are some of the nicest people I have ever known but here's me with no one it like they say one is the lonley st number. I know I can't be the only boy I just can't be but why are girls coming out and not guys maybe it's the guys being more homophobic than the girls but I really don't know I feel so lonley and alone it's like being the mars rover

2. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I assure you there is atleast one or two (possibly more) boys who are gay or bi and are possibly still coming to terms with their sexuality. Everyone is at a different position with themselves in terms of acceptance, this LGBT awareness talk/program could push some to feel comfortable to come out and might just make others come to accept it within themselves before telling anybody else.

Not everyone is ready at the same time. Also I think boys, especially during adolescence in school all try to maintain a strong exterior and many unfortunately are as you said homophobic, so that is probably another large reason.
    Don't feel alone! :slight_smile:

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My general impression is that feminine girls who come out have it much easier from societal perspective than guys. That might be one reason. The other could be that boys develop physically a little later than girls so if you are in the age group that is just at the verge of puberty not many guys might be too aware of their orientation yet.

4. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks I guess maby in high school things will be different I'm only in 8th grade