1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiding clothing from parents- Help!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Im queer2bclear, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Im queer2bclear

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm a demiboy (AFAB) and would like to get some stuff from the store to help me feel a bit more comfortable in my own skin.. I would like to get boxer briefs and a compression shirt or shorts (and cut them) and use it as a binder because I don't have a Debit card/Credit card because I'm not old enough. My mom (unfortunately) is not supportive of my gender identity and doesn't even call me by my preferred name. And she said she won't buy the stuff for me. But she didn't say anything about me buying the stuff. I have enough money to get the stuff and I don't think it would be right for me to get punished for buying stuff with my own money. So I was wondering how I could get the stuff and hide the shopping bag on me while I'm still in the store?

#1 Im queer2bclear, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. Eye Shine

It sounds a little risky, but I understand the need to want to be yourself.

It would probably be a great deal of stress to even attempt buy the stuff in stores with your parents. I would recommend the buy the stuff when you're out shopping on your own or with a friend. Then before you come home hide it somewhere in the backyard and when you're parents finally leave to go out one day. That is the time you go and get it. That is the easiest way to get in your house without a problem imo.

Another way which would be far more riskier, but doable is that you make sure one door to your parents' car is unlocked. After that you tell them you want to go to certain section of the store (live electronics) while they get food or do whatever they are doing. Then you book it to the mens clothing section. You buy what you need and take it to the car. Then you hide it under the passengers seat. After that you wait for the opportunity to get it out of the car when you are ready.

I don't condone lying and sneaking around. Yet again, I don't support people suppressing another person's desire to not be who they truly are. So I guess the points are neutralized.

Either way do realize it is possible for you to get in trouble even though i don't think it is right for you to be punished if that were the case. The possibility would still be out there.

Anyway I hope I helped and if you ever want to talk to someone about something you can go ahead and post on my wall.

Remember you are a great person and keep being who you are.

Soyounara nakama

3. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

I'm sorry you can't have an open relationship with your mom. I'm here in my nightgown at 10 am talking to my mom. I would get a prepaid credit card from a drug store and put what amount you want on it.