1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide for LGBT community

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Helion Solaris, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Helion Solaris

It's like a knife right through my heart when I hear or see something about and LGBT person who committed suicide. This strikes close to home, because I was once there. I luckily managed to claw my way out of that pit. So I'm posting this to ask you guys to be extra vigilant for any signs that someone close to you is depressed and just not like themselves. Those are early signs that a person may head down that road.

Please also consider starting your own support group, for teens especially, but for adults as well, if you have the means to do so. Sometimes people don't go to bigger LGBT groups because they're not ready yet, smaller ones help a lot.

Now this post may sour your day, but please think about the fact that so many other people have a daily struggle just keep themselves from self harming let alone pulling a trigger, taking those pills or hanging themselves. So much tragedy can help stopped by helping out and showing that you care.

Love and Peace to you all.

(&&&):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well said.
    To be honest I wish I had a small group I could've been part of. I have been down that road a few times myself...
    Thankfully I found this site. It has been a great help.
    I like the idea of the smaller groups - less intimidating.

3. Tom91

What a kind and heartfelt post. I too have been down the suicidally depressed road. It's a tragedy that we, along with countless other LGBT+ people, have all gone through such similar struggles, so often in isolation. Empty Closets really is a lifeline. I hope that more and more people can find the support and solidarity on here that posts like yours offer. Together we can find the strength to go on.

4. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've had my own suicide attempts and self harm experiences. It's luckily going better atm. I always have ups and downs and it wasnt always LGBT related, but there were times. I'm kinda glad for me making it this far though :slight_smile:.

5. Plattyrex

I tried to kill myself about a month ago. I never understood how anyone could be so upset that death would seem good, but I understand now. It isn't about dying, it's about not being alive anymore. I don't want to deal with my problems so in a brief moment of weekness I decided to permanently solve all of them. It makes me upset when people say that suicide is wrong or selfish, as they clearly don't understand how upset someone has to be to be put in a position like that.