1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling really upset - comparisons

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by VolpeSolitario, Feb 23, 2016.

1. VolpeSolitario

Hi. I guess I have what you call an inferiority complex. I feel like everyone is better than me, and I'm never good enough. I have a crush on a guy, and I feel like a failure in comparison to them. They have a clear complexion - I have terrible acne. They're confident - I'm shy. Their art is much better than mine. I feel like everything I do sucks and I'm completely worthless. I really want this guy to like me but I can't see how he ever could. Self-love seems a really hard thing to do, and yeah, I doubt him liking me back would change much, but I'm struggling with liking him a lot and comparing myself to him feels more painful than comparing myself to anybody else, because I care what he thinks and want him to like me I guess.

I don't know what advice you can give me - I just needed to vent a little :<

2. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sorry to hear you are feeling so down. Please don't feel like you are worthless though because your not. You don't need to compare yourself to others, just be the best person you can be for you. I know those thoughts are all very painful because I go through the same thoughts everyday myself. Sometimes you need to take a break from those thoughts though. Do something that will take your mind off of it for a while. Focus on something else for a while, organize something in your life, exercise, clean your room, just do something to better yourself.

Are you friends with your crush? Do you talk to him at all. If his art is better than yours, so what, compliment him on it. Tell him you wish you could create art as nice as he does. Try making your next art project better than YOUR last one, not his.

Are you doing everything you can to control your acne? Can you talk to a doctor or looking up things on line to clear it up?

Check out some videos on self confidence on YouTube. There are some pretty good videos out there.

I am just trying to suggest a few things for you to do that will help you be a better you. I am sure you can come up with a few things you can do as well.

I hope this helped in some way, just try and see the good things in yourself man. Try and be a better person tomorrow than you were today. Don't worry about comparing yourself to others.

3. VolpeSolitario

Thanks for the helpful advice~ You're completely right..

I'm acquaintances with my crush. We see each other twice a week and I say hi to him when I can. I guess I just worry that he doesn't like my art :< or he doesn't like me because of my imperfections.

I'm doing what I can with my acne but it seems out of control. I try to eat healthily. Perhaps it's stress that's causing the breakouts.

Like you said, I'll try to see the good things in myself and better myself :slight_smile:

4. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You made someone happy today.... Me! So you seem pretty concerned about the acne. I wish I knew more about how to fight it so I could give you more advice. If you can afford one of those tv ad programs I hear they work well. Can you see a dermatologist? Make it a battle to cure it though. Make it an everyday commitment, I wish you luck in that battle! There are so many other things you can do to make yourself look good from hair to clothing to exerciseing dental hygiene and the list goes on. When you start caring more about yourself and your health you also build more confidence. Keep it up, you may still have bad days and that's okay we all have bad days. When you go to bed at night try and think of three things you can be thankful for. :slight_smile: