1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dog has cancer UPDATE!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by R M, Feb 25, 2016.

1. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Original post

So I have 5 dogs. One dog had this lump on her nipple. I told my brother it could be a tumor but he said he thought it was jsut an infection. She was supposed to be operated today to remove the infected nipple or something I guess. The doctor said that my dog had two tumors near her nipple, and later told us that he also found cancer in her liver. He said that he's not gonna do anything, becuase it would be useless. It's pretty sad to hear that one of my pretty girls has something like this, but she has had a good life. Once she starts to suffer from it and starts to hurt her, we will let her get euthanized. I will prepare a big steak for her and give her everything she would enjoy once it's time. I'm not really like super sad or something, becuase she's had a good run and still acts happy.

Sorry I just felt like posting this here.

UPDATE!!!
    My dog will be operated tomorrow. The doctor said that he will remove the two tumors, because it's still possible that the cancer hasn't spread yet. He's also still not sure if my dog has cancer in her liver or just an infection. He will operate on my dog tomorrow and if it hasn't spread to the liver and its just an infection, there still could be a chance that my baby will have a few more years to live!! I'm so happy to hear this! Fingers crossed!!

2. LHecW

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's a good update to get. Fingers crossed for the op tomorrow. I always hated it when our dogs started getting old and/or ill and you just knew that your time with them was getting shorter - every little bit of time with them really counts :grin:

3. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks :slight_smile:. I really hope she'll get better. It's sad to see your dogs suffer :frowning2:.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh that's great news! Good luck for your baby! :slight_smile:

5. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! I'm just hoping it's not spreading yet. My dad keeps saying that my she looks fine, because she does! She's not been acting strange or something and she seems so healthy. I'll get the result tomorrow.

Thanks again

6. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Remember that there's still a chance that your little angel doesn't have that long left, so don't get your hopes too high. It sounds horrible, I know, but having to accept it over again is difficult. With that being said, I'm glad that your little angel has a chance!

7. FootballFan101

Good luck, hopefully your wee girl will be ok, I really hope she's ok

8. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fingers crossed that it's just an infection. Thanks for the update (*hug*)

9. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know that's also a possibility. I've lost many friends and family to cancer and what I've learnt is that it (almost) always comes back. I've accepted that she might not be around for long, but I still like to think positive. Like I said before, I'm not getting super workedup about it, because shes had a good and long enough life. thanks :grin:

---------- Post added 26th Feb 2016 at 07:26 PM ----------

Thank you. She got back a few hours ago. They removed her two tumors and were still unsure if the cancer spread to the liver or not. she's stil woozy and she's sleeping atm. The doctor sent the tumors to people to determine what kind of cancer theyre dealing with or smething like that. thanks again :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 26th Feb 2016 at 07:27 PM ----------

Thanks. They're still not sure. I hope to hear back from the doctor soon :slight_smile:.

10. Nobo

I hope that your dog will be ok! :hug:

11. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! she's been weeping a bit, because her painkillers stopped working. But she's doing fine :slight_smile: