1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all of the LGBT sites out there just for hookups?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by KarenLyn, Feb 29, 2016.

1. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before finding Empty Closets I'd been searching the internet for places to have "real" conversations about coming out, being bi, dating, why do I feel the way I do and all of the other questions that have been running through my mind... It seems most of them are nothing more than places people go to Hook up! It's been frustrating not being able to get any answers. This is just me ranting but I'd like to hear what others thing about the availability of Real Sites for Real Answers. At least I found EC!

Bright Blessings!

2. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi welcome to the forums Thus place is a nice gun place to talk to people Like yourself Part of LGBT no one is judgmental best bunch of people I've met yet there really supporting and caring if you need anything let me know!

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey and welcome,

If you check the EC's history and mission statement it's exactly for the reasons you described that EC was founded. To be a safe place for young (and later older) people to discover and share their experiences.

It's a support site - not a hook up site.

#3 Euler, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  4. Distant Echo

This was the second site I tried. The first being an Aussie site, but questions in the forum were just ignored unless you were part of the popular group. And contacting the admin directly with my questions, even after stating I was female, led to me being directed to male only support groups....i didn't hang around after that...no idea what that site was like for hook-ups
    Then I found here...
    Not quite sure what I would have done without this site tbh.

#4 Distant Echo, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016