1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend basically outed to me to my whole english class. I'm pissed.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MayaBee, Mar 4, 2016.

1. MayaBee

Well... how do I start. We were in english class and had to do an exercise, basically there was sheet A and B, so you couldnt just copy your neighbours work. I had B. The class was quiet, all doing their work, when my teacher said something like "every A go and get together with a B". it started to get a tiny noisy as my friend pointed at me and said "she is bi". Get the joke? B, bi, bee(german cartoon where a bee is called Maya). Everybody heard it and was SO quiet, I looked my friend in the eyes with a mix of angry, terrified and it just felt like she broke all the trust I had.

I don't really have a problem with the fact that they now know I am bi. Except that I wanted to tell one of my friends first (the last one), fortunetly she wasnt in that class, but I guess she is going to find out on her own now, since everybody knows. But I have a really big problem with the fact that my friend just ignored about how I was feeling about everything. I admit that I said that after my last friend I am going to be open about it. But AFTER my last friend, and when I WOULD BE READY. Because I am ready to tell close friends yet, but to be open about it to everybody, that just takes a lot and is such a big step. And of course, I wanted to do that on my own. But I guess f*** what I feel, my friend could make a joke!:angry:

As she noticed my look she "explained" her "joke" to the class by saying Maya the Bee (on german it's Biene whilst bi stays bi), but I know that everybody knows she meant another B.
    Fml.

2. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think she meant any harm. I think it probably just slipped out. You can tell by the way that she tried to "explain" her joke that she was sorry. On the other hand i can see why you are angry as YOU and only YOU should be the one who decides who you come out to/what order.

3. MayaBee

You are right and it probably did slip out, yet I am angry because it wasnt like that it was so loud or busy that she needed to "scream" that joke, it was quiet until she randomly said that. Also, she looked at me after saying that, I gave her an obvious look and she turned to the class again and carried on telling that joke until I said "the fck?!" And then she changed what she said.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Look you have every right to be angry at her but please don't hate her forever or hold it against her. I'm sure she didn't mean any harm! :slight_smile: