1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with a changing / ending love relationship / friendship

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CSMM, Mar 5, 2016.

1. CSMM

Out Status:
    A few people
    Dear All,

I am 46 years old, and have known my best friend for over eight years now. From the very beginning we felt an immense attraction towards each other, were always very close in a way that our friends made fun of us for certainly being secret lovers, which we were not.
    When we met, I was in a relationship with another woman (we broke up a few months later) and she was married to an awful guy, being with him in a love- and sexless marriage only because of the house they built, no kids. We were close in a way that we snuggled in bed during night overs, kissed a bit but it never crossed a certain line. In September 2013 we went on a trip with friends of her mother (!) and after a night out we ended up having sex. From then on until February 2016 we had a secret love/sex affair, as I said before, her marriage was long over. To make things worse we do also work together in the same office.

In August 2015 her husband met another woman, asked for the long overdue divorce and she moved out of the house the very day and is now living with her mother to save some money. I offered her to come live with me at least until things got clearer, which she declined because her mother would never forgive her if she would go live elsewhere. The strange thing is, that as long as we had to keep up with all the secrecy we were happy together, now that she moved out everything changed. I have to say that she has always been an extremely reserved person, always avoiding any kind of in-depth talk with me or just shutting me out. One who always said, "I never learned to talk about feelings". Due to a difficult surgery I had, I was not the kindest person during the last few weeks. To make a long story short: a few days ago she signed up at ****** and is now chatting without any hesitancy about love, life and feelings with some random guys she met there. She didn't even feel the need to tell me that she is looking for someone new, I was just standing at her desk looking for a file, her iphone beeped and I saw a message from ****** from some guy. I asked her immediately and she confirmed by saying that I am complicated and that she had the impression that everything between us was long over. I mean, we never ended things officially.... The conversation was over in 10 minutes because she didn't see the need to go further. Am I right to feel hurt and somehow betrayed? She keeps being nice to me, like nothing ever happened, says that I am her best friend and bla bla. But the only thing she is interested in is texting all day long to those guys. Any suggestions? I love my job, what do I do?

Thanks for your Responses.
    CSMM :smilewave

Please feel free to ask me any questions and excuse my English, I am not a native speaker.