1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guilty/remorseful after cheating

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jax12, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no other way to put this, but I basically cheated on an exam.

I feel very guilty, terrible, remorseful, etc. I could have gotten kicked out of my course. It's odd because while I was doing it, it never occurred to me that I could get in trouble. Our exam was on a computer and so Google was all I needed.

I will never do it again. I feel like the mark I got is not the mark I deserved. One of my classmates said if I got caught I could have been expelled immediately from the class. I was like, yup.

Just need some reassurance or something.

#1 Jax12, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. Welll-okay, you made a mistake. We learn from our mistakes, and nobody is immune to things that they feel remorse over. If you feel guilty, it shows that you may not do this again and understand the consequences.

It was a dishonest move, but many students have done it. Like you said, don't do it again.

#2 Fullofsurprises, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
  3. Distant Echo

Would you have passed without cheating?
    How big an effect does the result have on your overall grade?

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your response. I definitely won't make this mistake ever again.

Oh yeah, I would have passed for sure. I ended up getting a 92 and I would have gotten a high 80 if I hadn't used google for some question. I'm just panicking of getting in trouble. Thanks for your response as well, I just needed to talk about it.

#4 Jax12, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  5. smurf

I have always been surprised at people who don't use google to finish their exams and assignments. I mean, unless its for a class that you will use the knowledge in the future classes.

There is literally no way for them to find out if you use google or not. Most professors and teachers will also be too overworked to truly care in a way unless one of your classmates complains.

You are fine.

6. That's what I was wondering. How would he be caught? If nobody finds out, it's not a crime in the grand scheme of things. just don't do it again.

7. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your responses guys. I definitely won't do it again, I've never felt this scared in a while. It's certainly a wake up call for me. It occurred to me yesterday that what if the teacher was monitoring all the computers with some of software? That's what scares me.