1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Pissed..Long Rant

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thewizard, Mar 11, 2016.

1. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This post is just a rant. I don't care if people actually respond, but I just need to get it out there. Recently, I thought I was doing fine mentally. I hadn't been down lately, and things were looking like they were going in a good direction. Now however I'm just really pissed off at almost everything. I guess the problem just stems from being the only mixed kid/black kid in my whole entire town and getting teased about it constantly. Most of the time I just go along with it because people just make harmless jokes, but what really scares me/pisses me off is that everyone's idea of a black person is a thief or murderer who commits crimes. To make this matter worse, my school didn't do anything to even hint at the idea that black history month even existed. I was talking to a friend at school on what he knew about black history , and he said he knew who Martin Luther King Jr. was and Rosa Parks and that we learned about black history the whole year which just isn't true at all. Even my parents believe their is nothing wrong with learning about black history month(they're both white, I'm adopted). They recently had a whole discussion with me on how black people should stop protesting becaus they're only causing more division between races. Which to an extent I agree with, but you have to be blind to not be able to see that all races are treated as equals. Sorry for going all over the place with this rant, but I just needed to get it out of my system and didn't know where else to go.

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with you. As a white couple, my partner and I started off with the traditional dream of owning a nice home in a neighborhood like the ones we grew up in. What a nightmare that was. I don't know what possessed us to think we could be out in neighborhoods like that. We were harassed constantly and everyone truly believed we were after their young boys. Meanwhile those boys were yelling gay slurs at us all of the time. We decided to relocate into the black neighborhood to get away from all of that. I have to admit at first we were a little concerned about the church going blacks but that turned out to be only a church thing. We were warmly accepted and made many great friends in the tradition of how blacks treat neighbors. It is a beautify thing and we couldn't be happier living here, but then our eyes were opened in ways we did not expect. While white neighborhoods seem to always criticized the black neighborhood for being takers, due to the higher number of people on some kind of assistance I suppose, the opposite was actually the truth. It was so easy to see if you knew where to look. ALL of the businesses that had stores on both sides of town spent all of their resources on the white side and did virtually nothing to attract customers to the black side. But the prices they charged on both sides WERE THE SAME! Gas stations in the white communities were beautifully landscaped and clean and in the black community they were all run down. But the price of gas was no different. The clinics on the black side were dirty with chipped wallboard and metal folding chairs. On the white side these same clinic owners put beautiful furniture and plush chairs to sit in and the doctors were much more experienced. But the cost of their services WAS THE SAME! You can buy lobster tails in the same grocery store chain for the same price per tail but on the black side they were never as fresh and were always smaller in size. So who exactly are the takers here!!! But what is worse is the message this situation sends to black children. They KNOW they are being thought of as second class citizens in our culture. They KNOW that even if they do everything right they will never get the same breaks in life as the white kids because according to our society, they simply don't deserve it. Cops treat black kids harshly to send a message to them to not bother the white communities. It's so obvious if you live here. But to the whites who never experience any of this, it is the blacks who are the ones that cause racial tensions. Honestly, I am amazed at how little racial tension there is. It is a testament to how warm, loving and kind most black people are that they tolerate the abuse they have to put up with. But I must say, I do have more hope than I have ever had. Black lives matter is truly getting some traction and I do think this represents a turning point for blacks in our society, if not this movement then one similar to it in the not too distant future. Positive changes are coming at an increasing rate now so don't despair too much!

#2 Monraffe, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im a white guy on the north side of chicago... i live in the area where most the cops, firefighters and paramedics live. Its extremely white. The amount of racism i see is appalling. Im sorry you have to deal with the racism that you and so many others face thewizard. Im one of the white guys that give dirty looks and call out the racists for what they are because its the right thing to do and well, honestly, if i were black and doing it then there would probably be a great chance that i would get beat up by the people i argue with or probably worse. I proudly support the BLM movement and would just like to say, as a white guy, that yes, BLACK LIVES DO MATTER. Again, im so sorry that you have to deal with the discrimination that you face, i hope and think that it will get better for you and for all of us, trying to live in this world together.

4. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you both for your responses. It lets me see that there is hope to one day reach equality everywhere!

5. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just had this very same rant with the young black lady from home health at my grandparents. I'm white (don't good it against me I barely like white people). Most of my family are racist, homophobes and I hate living here. Rebel flags everywhere it's crazy. Anyway wanted to say sorry for the hate and ignorance you face.