1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Onlynonsense08, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Onlynonsense08

Out Status:
    All but family
    How do I bind properly? I have no access to a proper binder and the tape I use leaves severe, painful bruises. Is there a safe way to bind without causing my parents suspicion? :help:

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely, DEFINITELY stop using tape. Any binding method that is causing a great deal of pain should be stopped immediately, you could cause permenant damage to yourself and even break ribs from binding unsafely.

Have you got any way of getting a sports bra? You could ask your parents for one if you've got little money and just say you use it for sports at school if you're not an active person in general. They do have some compression but theyre still not the best to be binding with all day. If you have an old swimming costume then you can make a binder out of that, Alex Bertie describes how.
    Note: he mentions ace bandages, theyre a big no, don't use them either. I'd guess they'd do the same harm as tape and theyre known to have broken ribs too.
    [Youtube]N8QryamjigI[/YouTube]

#2 Aberrance, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  3. Onlynonsense08

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm an A cup and I don't think it will work. If it isn't as flat as it could be then I get bad panic attacks and start crying. Tape is painful but works. I don't know. (The YouTube vid isn't showing) I might try it. Is there a way to make one?

4. David21201

Hello! Okay so I, sadly, am I C border line D cup. And layering sports bras does work if the padding is out/not there. I would suggest using two and a loose shirt. If you have a camisole with a built in bra there is a tutorial I believe on deviatiant art (and probably one on tumblr) on how to make that into a binder. A friend of mine made hers (a cosplay binder) from old spandex shorts but that requires a lot of sewing.

In the long run, if you can, you're best ordering a binder. My friend and I recommend gc2b. They're fairly priced and the packaging is rather discreet. You can always have it shipped to a friends house. I also recommend going up 2 sizes from what you think you should wear only because binders shrink and stretch and I personally have found it easier to ge bigger and shrink it in the wash.

I hope this was helpful

5. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N8QryamjigI

There's the link, hope that works. Also have you tried layering? If you wear open shirts on top of t-shirts it tends to hide any bump that's still there which can really help you feel better about your apperance if you're not completely flat.

6. Onlynonsense08

Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks :slight_smile: this helped. I DEFINITELY learned my lesson with the tape. It took off a layer of skin. :frowning2: so I'll try the layering and the link.