1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social struggles

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by alextiago, Mar 14, 2016.

1. alextiago

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey! I've recently came out..to 2 friends...Its been a journey quite awesome and challenging.
    Since last month, I become more "open" for relationships..I mean, I dont want to be alone all my life (still 20 tho xD )...what I really meant is, I think everybody finds me boring ... I cant keep a conversation for too long...this happens to me evertime I talk with a guy...ofc online, because in person I dont know any gays. I may sound odd or something, but this is really hard to me.

Help! :grin:

2. JiminyJordy

JiminyJordy Guest

You don't have to be perfect to have a boyfriend. Please remember to not place too much pressure on yourself. I'm eight years older than you and still have those same struggles. Well honestly, it's not even a struggle--it's simply who are you.

You don't have talk his ear off and act extremely intelligent to be everything he's looking for. To be his world.

3. alextiago

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really think everybody I talk with, simply leave me...even "friends" sometimes..maybe no one likes me because Im too boring or too stupid to talk too.
    Sometimes I just wanna hide myself and cry, like today actually. The feeling of not having "friends" or dont know :x

But thank you for your answer ^^

4. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I find it harder to talk to people online. Essentially you are meeting someone you know nothing about, so when you talk to them you're just learning facts about the other person's life, which is really not where connections are made. Connections happen when you relate over a shared moment, can joke together, and see the world in the same way. Sharing hobbies and interests is important, but it isn't enough.

I would try to meet people offline, if you can. Or if you're meeting people online, like on dating apps or something, try to meet up for a coffee and talk in person. I think you'll get the most out of that. And don't put too much pressure on yourself. I am quite introverted and it takes me a while to open up and be myself around others. Don't worry about whether or not the other person finds you interesting. Just know that who you are is good enough, and be comfortable with that person.

As hard as meeting people in person is, I think you'll find it rewarding to practice conversation skills on real people.