1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queer Decoding: What Does Interest Look Like?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by yellow2002, Mar 15, 2016.

1. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey all!

I've been trying to navigate through romantic life using my intuition and it has failed me thus far. Now that I'm entering the female romantic spectrum, it's even more confusing to understand what romantic interest looks like. i cannot read women. i've recently crashed and burned and will take time to recover, but i really have to get some pointers on how to tell if a woman is remotely interested.

what are some signs? i know this isn't an exact science, but how do you know if a friendship should be more than friendship or if the stranger across the room likes what they see?

Anything helps!

2. Oh Lilac

I think eye contact is very telling, especially if a gaze is held. You can send signals yourself, like eye contact, smiling, getting closer, and see how she responds. I also think enthusiastic responsiveness is a sign, that she wants to pend time with you, and reaches out. Just ask her to dinner, and see where it goes, and if you get close and she reciprocates, you have your answer. If not, back off and it's friendship territory.

3. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    problem is i get all this intense eye contact and smiling and compliments and attention and then...nothing.

some people might just be intense eye contact people?

anything else other than eye contact?

4. YummyYamYay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me, it's usually eye contact. There are a lot of people who I've exchanged eye contact with who I later found out were gay. Even with things like taking the bus or walking around campus, it's people who give the look who I know are totes gay, haha. So that's how I personally know someone is interested. I'm usually right about their orientation if we talk later, too, or if I look them up and see the "Interested in Men" on their Facebook.

I had a customer at work who I made pleasant conversation with, joked around with, and who smiled a lot at me. In the middle of our conversation, after a small silence, out of nowhere, he asks me out for drinks. I was really SHOCKED. For me, eye contact and smiling and funny jokes/stories are just normal, so I wasn't expecting that.

I guess the lesson from that story is that someone has to make the first move, take the leap.

I don't think some people are just intense eye contact people. If people look at you, it's usually for good reason.

5. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm so bad at eye contact. i've had moments of intense eye contact with people, but nothing follows through... is there any body language? comments?