1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't keep my mind off of lust/love

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Random Wolf, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Random Wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lately no matter what I do I keep thinking of lusty feelings towards people even without trying to. For example I might be staring off into space and a thought of having sex with someone else pops into my head and im not sure what to do to stop it. And It just seems to get worse everyday no matter what I do.

Next I have been having the feeling of wanting a partner and just wanting to hug/cuddle with someone and im not exactly sure why. Its like I want to just be next to a person or something.

Any way to get my mind off this stuff or what do you guys do if your having these emotions and thoughts.

Thanks.

2. PrsngHppnss8D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    About the thoughts: Are they really intrusive? Can you keep yourself away from these thoughts without making any ritual (like shaking your head, or blinking your eyes)? Do these thoughts make you really anxious? Well, I used to have severe intrusive thoughts (of any type, not just sex) that would bother me for an entire year. It can be a kind of OCD. The difference about having a high libido and OCD thoughts about sex is that you cannot really control the OCD thoughts, you mostly don't want them and it makes you upset (also makes you try really hard to forget). it's like your brain has no brake.

Stress can trigger OCD, so I believe most of our doubts about sexuallity somehow turns us anxious and stressed often. It's my opinion, actually, but in my case, everything was kinda connected, I felt really guilty about my ""wrong" actions, so I had to tell my parents everything. It was like a addiction. It was a type of OCD. I had a lot of OCD types ¬¬ so lucky, but no. Medicine kinda solve that and now things are lot better. You should see a psychiatrist.

About cuddling: Cannot see a problem, sometimes we feel that we need someone next ot us... maybe you are in need of care? Don't worry about it :slight_smile:

3. Random Wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Now thinking about it, I have been more stressed lately. I think that might be part of it mixed with a few other things. Also my mind wanders a lot and it feels like im always thinking about stuff. (probably should get that checked out)

As for the psychiatrist thing I would like too, but im not out at all and im kinda in a risky spot too. The place I live is mostly anti gay and religion focused. I believe a majority of my stress might be from being gay but not wanting to be gay.

Thanks anyway for the reply. It made me feel better.

#3 Random Wolf, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  4. truebraethic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Completely normal for your age (I don't want to sound condescending - that's not my intent at all). It sucks, though. Try reading/meditation/exercise. That usually works for me.