1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I just doing this because I'm depressed?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by WyldStyle, Mar 15, 2016.

1. WyldStyle

To start off, I don't have depression (anymore), I just have moments where I feel kind of sad, or when I reflect on the past and it bugs me, occasional moments of low self esteem, etc. etc.

I like to wear things of the opposite gender sometimes. I don't do it often because I keep it hidden from people I know (i'm scared of what they think, don't judge). It's kind of just a hobby for me, something that makes me happy. I don't do it to draw attention to myself or to make statement, I just like wearing the stuff and I feel comfy and pretty in it.

Well, lately I've been thinking about the past a lot, parts of it that make me cringe or make me sad that I don't really like thinking about. At the same time, I've been feeling the urge to crossdress flare up higher than normal inside me. I got to thinking that maybe these two things are connected. Maybe I want to cross dress more because I'm depressed?

I'm really not sure what to make of this. Is my gender non-conformity just a defense mechanism? Is it just my way of coping with things? I don't want this to be just my way of putting a mask on. What's going on? What should I do? Opinions? Help? Please? You're awesome!

2. Jerad1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The coupling of it with depression is interesting. Is it a matter of you truly wanting to cross dress more, and when you are weak, your front comes crumbling down, or is it an unhealthy coping mechanism?...I wouldn't know, but I'd urge you not accept it. Talk to a shrink and figure out what you really want/need....life is too short for you either to not dress up out of shame or to dress up against your greater desires as an unhealthy way of dealing with your troubles.