1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Interview?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Manitoban, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Manitoban

Hey,

So I felt good about this interview going out of it but it seemed very...odd?

I was only asked one question took a short little test but mostly they just told me about what the job is about, office culture and date they would like to see the prospective candidate start working. Most of what was discussed was more cordial small talk than anything.

Anyway i've never had an interview like that, you guys think I got it? Because to me I got that vibe. It seemed the only reason why I might've not been hired immediately was the mandatory security check...

But maybe i'm overly optimistic?

Thanks guys!

#1 Manitoban, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, when I had that experience I was hired afterwards. Basically they had already decided to hire me before meeting me and the interview was just a formality.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a couple interviews like that and was hired for both. It's also possible that they're just bad at interviewing, but that doesn't seem likely to me. If you'd keep applying if it had been a normal interview, then don't put it on hold for this job. There's nothing wrong with feeling optimistic but it's good to be prepared in case something falls through. Good luck. :slight_smile:

4. TraceElement

I had an interview like that and was hired.

5. BasketCase

Sounds like you are hired.

It's more of a 'let this person talk themselves out of a job' type of interview where you literally have to verbally or physically attack the interniewer/panel to not get the job.

6. Manitoban

Hmm... So I guess it's not just me then.

True, I am still applying to jobs currently. That would be quite annoying to think you had it, then didn't with no alternative...