1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help interpreting a recurring dream

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Monraffe, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been having this recurring dream lately, probably at least ten times now. In the dream I'm really busy with life things when I suddenly remember that I had bought a house several years ago and abandoned my plans to move into it. I can't quite remember where the house is, only that it is definitely out there somewhere. I feel a little panicked about the expenses an abandoned house might have accrued over time and I feel really, really stupid for forgetting about it. I'm also concerned about what the neighbors must be thinking of me. But the more I try and remember where it is located the more complicated my life suddenly becomes and I end up being just too busy to spend any time resolving the mystery. It makes me feel anxious when I think about the dream and it bothers me that I can't quite put my finger on why. I'm hoping an outside opinion might provide some insight.

2. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Perhaps your dream is trying to remind you of something important in your life which you have forgotten about? Or maybe you are just really stressed and anxious lately and the more you analyse the dream it keeps reoccurring...
    Sorry if this doesn't help but maybe you could talk to someone else about it in person :slight_smile:

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I figured it out. Boy, my mind can be so convoluted sometimes. I was stuck thinking this was regret for some past plan I had abandoned. But with the anxiety that didn't feel right. It was less, "I wish I had taken another path" and more "omg, I left the baby at the bus stop!" Turns out it's about alcohol consumption. I'm trying to quit. My body is the house and when I fall off the wagon, which I do several times a year due to job stress, I'm abandoning it. The workload keeps me from finding a healthy path back to my body again. So the anxiety is over my not taking care of myself due to workload. When I map the dreams to the times I've fallen off the wagon there is a correlation.