1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BelleLey, Mar 23, 2016.

1. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel so lonely lately which is weird for me since i usually enjoy being by myself. I have only one real friend and she a doctor so she's pretty busy, i don't see her that often. I'm shy and i don't even know how to meet new people. All I do lately is going to the library, it's not really a good way to make friends. It probably would be easier if i had a job, if i was around people all day.
    I know i should probably join some club or something but again shy and there's not a lot of things that i enjoy doing. Just venting i guess. Is any of you in this situation right now ?

2. HerrinDesFeuers

I kinda feel the same. A few years ago, the friendship with my 3 best friends ended and since then I didn't have any close friends. There are some people I like to meet and I can have a lot of fun with, but I'm not sure if I can call them friends because we don't really talk about private things or stuff like that.
    I sometimes miss having 'real' friends.

3. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel lonely a lot here. I am from South Africa but I live in Korea now. I have been here for 6 and a half years. Friends have come and gone and I'm not in touch much with friends back home. I am usually OK on my own but it does take its toll.
    This site has helped some. I chat to people here as I actually don't know any gay people in Seoul.
    I hope you feel better and if you want to talk... allez-y :slight_smile:

4. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for the replies

5. lordfarquar

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey BelleLey :slight_smile:
    Not having a regular job also can make things feel quite empty--even if the interaction isn't too deep at work, there's still something nice about talking to people and seeing familiar faces every day. I moved to a new city four years ago and was lucky to have a partner then, but still, luckily I made some friends going to dance class and some LGBTIQ groups while I did some study on the side at university. Slowly building up a base of people to hang out with. slowly.
    But yeah...it's not so easy sometimes. It will pass. Big hugs.