1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could do with some help on how to look more feminine

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by A Random Person, Mar 23, 2016.

1. A Random Person

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, to put it short and sweet, I'm a Bisexual female and I'm kind of struggling how to "express" myself (via my looks) For me, I feel like I look a bit too butch for my licking.

Basically, I want to "dull it" down a bit and want to look a bit more feminine. Trouble is, I love my hair the way it is(I don't mean to come across as vain) and I really don't like wearing make up.

So..any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

(Also, hopefully the pic is attached)

Attached Files:

2. HerrinDesFeuers

Hmm... I often think that eyebrows have a major impact on the fact if someone looks feminine. But I don't know how you could change them and what would suit you, I'm not an expert.
    By the way, you have beautiful eyes. :slight_smile:

#2 HerrinDesFeuers, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  3. A Random Person

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. WanderingMind

Jewelry? A scarf? Accessories are so inherently feminine (or masculine)...

5. A Random Person

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never thought about jewellery. Thank you

6. scanner007

Yes...thin delicate necklace maybe just a THIN gold ..or something pink ...or a pink or purple stone. As long it was a thin small necklace that would work. The eyebrows idea was great too, but harder to switch in and out of. Also...lose the white tank top....go with a feminine color....looks like a wife beater in the pic. Maybe accessorize and add an overshirt.

I'd it's a fun and crazy night at the bar...find a tiara...yes seriously...lol...a plastic one from somewhere to wear just for fun.

Also, don't completely discount makeup. I bet if u search youtube for the natural look you find some good tutorials that will basically make it look like you aren't wearing anyrhing at all but will nicely accent you and give you that subteness you're looking for.

And yes, I know if you have kind of a masculine mindset what I just said probably won't make any sense at all. You'll think, "Why the ficK would I wanna put make up on so it looks like I'm not wearing any?" Well trust a gay guy with an equally balance masculine/feminine mind...it'll make all the difference in the world and with some tips and practice it'll give you exactly the look you're going for.

Good luck.
    Scanner

7. A Random Person

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. The white tank top is just a night shirt. During daytime I just wear colored tank tops, shirts and occasionally t-shirts.

I should of stated that earlier.

8. LHecW

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    The style, cut, print etc of the top can help greatly.
    I know you say you aren't a fan of make up but even just some tinted lip balm and mascara and/or light brown eyeshadow. I mean really that's all you need, especially with skin as lovely as yours looks to be, make up wise - just go for jewellery and accessories etc that you think look feminine to you and (more importantly) like something you'd like to wear :slight_smile:

(ooh wait, beauty therapist in me coming back to ask - how are your nails? If they're healthy and can be grown and/or painted then do so, that's great fun with all the different colours out there :grin:)

#8 LHecW, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  9. A Random Person

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're in ok condition. I had contemplated this once and went ahead but the polish scratched up rather quickly due to the things I do. Thank you for the suggestions though.

10. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Accessorize. When you say "more feminine" you mean both butch and fem. It's a great combination, very provocative. My best friend has it down. 50s style Maxi or swing dress. Earth tones, maybe Moss with ocher scarf. Stud earrings. Hair like you have it. No makeup. And of course comfortable shoes. :wink: Just start experimenting.

11. JasmineTea

Agreed with others on accessories. As someone else who hates wearing makeup, though, I'd have to recommend a matte lipstick. They stay on all day and you can kinda just forget about it and not worry about reapplying or the weird waxy feeling. I'd recommend a light pink one! Super feminine.