1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally/verbally abused

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Im queer2bclear, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Im queer2bclear

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 13 and being emotionally and/or verbally abused mostly by my mom but somewhat by my dad. How do I get out of this place? There's no one really in my family I can go to and there's no homeless shelters until the next town... So I'm kinda screwed. And I do go to a professional counselor. :help::tears::bang:

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    sorry to hear, what sort of abuse do you get and under what circumstances..??

3. Im queer2bclear

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. stirling

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. My mum and dad are against me too, and don't respect any of my friends identities either. My ex boyfriend also was. Sometimes all you can do is wait. Find some close friends and stick with them. I find it easier to confide in my friends than to deal with my parents. I'm sorry that this is happening....

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that you have a school counsellor to rely on. In the first instance, continue using the counsellor as a resource.

Unfortunately, in your situation, you need to rely on yourself to manage through this. You need to be strong, recognise that it's their issues being projected onto you which you can not control, keep your head high and stay positive knowing you will be off living your own life sooner than you can image after high school, and learn to ignore it.

I know this sounds easier than it may be, but you can do it. And the sooner you learn to do it, the better off you will be.

6. What is your counselor teaching you? I'm sorry that you can't leave the situation. Hopefully, you can get coping skills to use to get through this time. Try to remember that what your parents say/do has nothing with you. Abusive parents dump their issues on kids, because they are easy targets. Your parents may be struggling with their own insecurities.

What you can do is try to find other sources of support: friends, other adults,,activities and reaching out online. You're not going to be in this situation forever.