1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm mad at how well I know myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thewizard, Mar 23, 2016.

1. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is it weird that I kind of miss the days when I was still figuring out I was gay? I did so much research trying to figure out if I was bi or gay at the time. I knew I definetly liked guys, but I didn't know or maybe I didn't want to admit how deep my attraction was. I know this probably sounds really weird, but ever since I've been coming out to the people that I am close to, I kind of miss the newness and freshness of it all. I guess now that I know myself so well I miss not knowing things about myself. Has this ever happened to any of you?

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those beginning days were aspirational for you. Anything could happen. It was exciting. I turn 60 this month and for the most part I have traded aspirations for wisdom. But yes, I do miss those days and in some cases I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

3. smurf

Very common, yes.

Its the thrill of solving a puzzle. Then after you solve it, what do you do? Find another puzzle.

Trust me, you don't know yourself entirely. Things will come up and situations will throw you off. Another puzzle will come :slight_smile:

4. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pick up new things that take you out of your comfort zone and you should be just fine :slight_smile: